Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Update on the "Crummy to cute" house

The house is finished!  The carpet and tile is in, cabinets hung, all appliances (except the stove) hooked up and ready to go!

For a reminder on the before of this house, head over here: Nasty, nasty house!

I don't think I've seen a house in that bad of condition before.  It was really awful.  I can't claim to have helped with anything else other than what you've seen before, but my brother and cousin did a great job finishing it up, and I can't help but show it off for them.


Starting from the back porch/utility room:



Leading into the kitchen: 




Which sends you to, the restroom (no, I don't want a bathroom right outside of my kitchen either, but this is a rental...let's not be TOO picky!):



From there, you can see the hallway:


The hallway leads to the living room:



And, of course, the three bedrooms:



Hellooooo, huge closet!

Bedroom 2

Bedroom 3


The house is available for rent now, and once it starts getting really cold out, and his business dies down for the year, my brother will be redoing the exterior of the house.  I think it turned out great.  Really great.  Completely amazing to have been there and seen (and SMELLED) the before of this house, to see how it is now.


Stay tuned.  Soon I'm going to give you my take on Miss Mustard Seed's (and Liz's from The Midwest Cottage) famous paper ornaments, and wreaths-- perfect for the Holiday season!


4 comments:

  1. It turned out beautiful! your brother has a good eye to be ab le to see the good bones behind all that yuck. I know he's grateful to have such talented women available to help.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go back and look at the before pics...Ewwww your right it was NASTY! Chickens in the house??? OKKKKK....well it looks fabulous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atta girl! Your mom must be so proud of her kids and what a sense of accomplishment you must feel! Congratulations -- looks very inviting! (Now be choosy with who you guys allow to rent it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also had to go back and look at the before pictures. I am just amazed that those white cabinets turned out so great! What an awesome job everyone did and hats off to your brother. It will be a wonderful place for someone to live!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! If you have a detailed question, please email me at ConfessionsofaDIYaholic@gmail.com.